The essence of charity revolves around the noble aim of creating a positive impact in communities. Yet, for charities to effectively fulfil their mission, a systematic and organised approach to managing relationships and operations is imperative.
This is where Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems come into play, acting as a linchpin in orchestrating a charity’s interactions with donors, volunteers, and beneficiaries.
CRM systems offer an arsenal of features tailored to the unique needs of charities, enabling them to not only manage relationships but also streamline administrative processes, manage events, and ensure financial transparency. The right charity CRM system can serve as the backbone of a charity’s operations, offering a consolidated view of all interactions and ensuring every pound donated is accounted for and utilised effectively.
However, not all charities are created equal. The spectrum of charities ranges from small local organisations to large multinational entities, each with its own set of challenges and operational needs. Thus, the CRM system that would be a snug fit for a small charity might prove to be a misfit for a larger one. The diversity in the charity sector necessitates a thorough examination of CRM systems to find the one that aligns seamlessly with a charity’s size, mission, and operational complexity.
Let’s delve into a detailed review of some of the top charity CRM systems for charities in the UK, culminating with an in-depth look at infoodle, and why it might be the cream of the crop.
Blackbaud eTapestry (Small-medium charities):
Blackbaud eTapestry is designed for smaller charities looking to transition from spreadsheets to a more robust system for managing donor data. It encompasses features like payment processing, email automation, social media integration, and event management which are pivotal for nurturing relationships with donors and streamlining back-end processes.
- User-friendly interface aiding in seamless transition from basic systems.
- Offers a scalable solution as the charity grows.
- Limited analytics and user testing tools.
- The system may require additional investment for more advanced features.
- Pricing: Subscription starts at £99 per month for up to 1,000 records and 25,000 emails a year1.
Donorfy (Large charities):
Donorfy is a cloud-based tool with a suite of features encompassing data import, fundraising, membership management, and campaign management, among others. It’s tailored to help charities get a holistic view of their donors and improve fundraising efforts.
- User-friendly and designed with charity-specific needs in mind.
- Integrates with various platforms to build seamless supporter journeys.
- Limited to data and insight on service delivery, volunteers, or other broader organisational aspects.
- Pricing: The full-featured paid version starts from £65 a month for 500 constituents.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Large charities):
Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers a comprehensive set of CRM features. However, it requires customization to cater to charity-specific needs, which can be achieved with the help of third-party tools or partners.
- Extensive feature set including advanced machine learning and AI capabilities.
- Modular design allows for adding or removing functionality as needed.
- Requires third-party customization for charity-specific needs, which could add to the cost.
- Pricing: Modular and flexible pricing, dependent on the features chosen.
Infoodle (All size charities)
infoodle is a cloud-based CRM solution tailored to cater to the administrative needs of charities and non-profit organisations of all sizes. Its mission is to empower non-profits to serve their communities better by bringing all administrative tasks under one umbrella, thus freeing up resources to focus on the core mission.
- Centralised Administration: Infoodle consolidates various administrative needs into a single platform, making it easier to manage contacts, finances, events, and assets.
- Community Engagement: It facilitates communication via emails and text messages, and the management of events and volunteers, which are pivotal for community engagement.
- Financial Transparency: The platform aids in efficient donation collection, payment processing, and issuance of statements, thereby fostering financial transparency.
- Accessibility: Being cloud-based, infoodle can be accessed from anywhere, anytime, providing real-time insight and coordination among the charity personnel.
- Free Trial: A 14-day free trial allows charities to evaluate the platform’s features and capabilities before making a commitment.
- Learning Curve: Like any robust CRM system, there might be a small learning curve for individuals who are transitioning from a more basic system.
- Infoodle offers a free 14-day trial for organisations interested in exploring its features. For the detailed pricing, there is an interactive pricing page which shows the fees according to your needs. Smaller charities will pay a lot less than larger charities, mainly down to the amount of subscribers or contacts they have.
Infoodle emerges as a comprehensive solution, the design of which is evidently focused on easing the administrative burden on charities. Its extensive features offer a blend of management efficiency, community engagement, and a platform for growth and impact. With a user-friendly interface and a free trial to boot, it certainly warrants consideration for charities seeking to enhance their operational efficiency while staying true to their mission of community service.
Why UK Charities choose infoodle over others
infoodle stands out as a comprehensive solution crafted with the nuances of non-profit operations in mind. Infoodle is seen as the best crm for charities as they are now choosing it over the other choices for the numerous benefits it brings to the running of their organisation. It embodies a variety of features central to charity administration:
- Manage People:
- Centralise contacts to have all necessary information in one place.
- Create notes, task reminders, and workflows to stay organised.
- Communicate via emails & text messages to keep everyone informed.
- Connect with the community to foster relationships and engagement.
- Manage Finances:
- Collect donations to fund projects.
- Process payments efficiently.
- Issue statements for transparency.
- Handle Gift Aid and receipting to stay compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Manage Events:
- Capture registrations & bookings to organise successful events.
- Issue tickets for event entries.
- Track attendance to measure engagement.
- Roster volunteers to ensure smooth operations.
- Manage Assets:
- Create document libraries to keep important documents accessible.
- Manage digital & physical assets to maintain an organised inventory.
- Monitor equipment bookings to avoid conflicts.
- Public Library Kiosk for reserving books to foster community engagement.
- Benefits to Charities:
- The unified platform allows charities to manage various aspects of their operations seamlessly.
- The cloud-based nature ensures accessibility from anywhere, any time, aiding in real-time decision-making and coordination.
- The free 14-day trial offers charities an opportunity to explore the platform’s capabilities before making a commitment.
- Client Testimonial:
- “infoodle charity CRM gives us a platform to create a well-rounded, robust, and flexible database accessible with ease from anywhere. It helps us to manage our information, so we get to focus our attention on the people,” reflects a satisfied client.
Gift Aid Module in infoodle:
Gift Aid is a significant aspect of charitable donations in the UK, enabling charities to claim back 25% of the amount of a donation from the government, thereby increasing the value of donations by a quarter at no extra cost to the donor. The Gift Aid module in infoodle, termed as “infoodle Gift Aid Plus,” has been crafted to simplify the process of managing donations and filing Gift Aid claims with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
Here are the key features of the Gift Aid module in infoodle:
- Accepting Donations:
- Infoodle provides a straightforward mechanism to record transactions, collect payments, and handle one-off and recurring donations and pledges.
- It augments the value of donations by 25% through its bespoke Gift Aid functionality, ensuring charities maximise the benefits from Gift Aid claims.
- Integration with Xero:
- If a charity manages its day-to-day bookkeeping in Xero, infoodle seamlessly receives donor data and transactions automatically from Xero, readying the data for Gift Aid claims.
- This integration promises more accurate results without duplication, streamlining the process of preparing and filing Gift Aid claims.
- Generating Reports:
- Charities can create comprehensive reports of financial transactions, donors, and Gift Aid claims with just a few clicks.
- Understanding data and building stronger donor relations is facilitated through these reports, helping charities to better appreciate the financial landscape and the impact of donations.
- Creating Statements:
- Design and send statements with personal branding to donors to confirm their donation and reinforce its positive effect.
- This feature not only provides transparency but also helps in cultivating a sense of trust and appreciation among the donors.
- Streamlining HMRC Claims:
- The module helps in streamlining and simplifying the submission of HMRC claims.
- It provides an overview of donor transaction history and enables the designing and customising of financial statements, which is essential for accurate and compliant Gift Aid claims submission.
- Community Testimonial:
- A community member expressed appreciation for how infoodle has aided in maintaining financial sustainability during challenging times, highlighting the ease of submitting Gift Aid claims on a monthly basis as a notable benefit.
The Gift Aid module in infoodle not only simplifies the process of managing donations and Gift Aid claims but also integrates seamlessly with accounting software like Xero to provide a streamlined, efficient, and compliant method for handling charitable finances and ensuring that charities reap the full benefits of the Gift Aid scheme. Through these features, infoodle significantly alleviates the administrative burden, allowing charities to dedicate more time and resources towards serving their communities.
Infoodle: The best charity CRM
The above features coalesce to provide a streamlined platform for managing all administrative needs, thus freeing up valuable time and resources for charities to focus on their core mission of community service. Moreover, the ease of access to a robust and flexible database from anywhere enhances operational efficiency and focus on community engagement. The provision of a free 14-day trial gives charities an opportunity to gauge the platform’s utility before making a commitment.
The juxtaposition of infoodle with other CRM systems elucidates its holistic approach in catering to the multifaceted needs of charities. The meticulous design of infoodle aligns with the operational intricacies of charities, offering a blend of management efficiency, community engagement, and a focus on the noble mission of charity. Through infoodle, charities in the UK have a potent tool at their disposal to drive positive change and make a lasting impact in their communities.
The quest for the best charity CRM system is a nuanced journey. A thorough examination of the features, pricing, and the level of customisation offered by different CRM systems is crucial to making an informed decision that resonates with a charity’s mission and operational needs. Each CRM system reviewed herein has its merits, yet infoodle, with its comprehensive feature set and charity-centric approach, emerges as a robust contender in fulfilling the diverse needs of UK charities.